Design and implementation of web apps using Angular 15, with reusable component libraries, to support the business in-house as well as external clients. This includes UI and UX design and asset design and creation.
Design and implementation of in-house and external web apps to support ID verification using the latest version of Angular.
- Design and implementation of reusable UI components using Angular 15.
- Design and implementation of front ends for various apps to support the internal business and its clients.
- UI and UX design.
- Asset design and creation.
Worked as part of a small team to implement Paycircle, a cloud-based platform for payroll. Originally written using angularjs, apps are being migrated to Angular 14 with reusable service and UI component libraries.
Worked as part of a small team to implement Paycircle, a cloud-based platform for payroll.
- Design and implementation of reusable UI components using Angular 14 and published as NPM libraries.
- Implementation of a set of applications for user-friendly payroll administration and processing. Creating originally using AngularJS, migrating to Angular 14.
- Migration of AngularJS UI components and services to Angular 14.
- Design and implementation of a custom WordPress API in PHP for in-app Help and Support.
- Creation of Python scripts for source code analysis.
I worked as part of a small team to redesign and implement a suite of online mapping software. I designed and implemented Mapshop
using Angular 6.
I worked as part of a small team to redesign and implement a suite of online mapping software.
- Designed and implemented Mapshop, an online application for the definition and purchase of custom maps. It was written using Angular 6, with Redux for storage and rxjs for communication with the backend APIs.
- Created a library of Angular widgets and services for reuse across emapsite web applications.
- Designed new vector assets as required using Affinity Designer.
I worked in a small team of developers to enhance and maintain SASS collaboration tools. I worked on various UI enhancements (jQuery widgets) as well as an Office Online integration, creating ReST web services in ColdFusion and Java to integrate with WOPI (Web Application Open Platform) clients.
I worked in a small team of developers to enhance and maintain SAAS collaboration tools.
- Implemented an Office Online integration, creating ReST web services to integrate with WOPI (Web Application Open Platform Interface) clients, to allow inline creation and editing of Microsoft Office documents.
- Enhanced UI and UX across web applications, including design and creation of bespoke JQuery UI widgets.
I was part of a team involved in the design and implementation of a next generation, web-based OSS, as Cisco shifted an amount of its focus towards software to support its extensive hardware portfolio.
- Acted as Scrum Master in an Agile development environment.
- Designed and implemented custom Dojo widgets to display data, in particular a complete, reusable Gantt chart component with automatic scaling and the ability to view several charts simultaneously.
- Assisted in the design and development of every part of the software stack, including ReST web services, Oracle database PL/SQL interfaces and supporting database objects.
- Created a framework for the display and organisation of multiple modules within a single web page to cater for different user roles.
- Updated and maintained legacy native Windows applications, and created a full installer for them.
I was involved with various teams and projects, largely with the UI/UX aspects of Comptel's product suite, providing OSS for the telecoms industry. Over time emphasis moved from a VB client / Oracle backend architecture to Eclipse and web-based apps and a middleware layer.
I was involved with various teams and projects, largely with the UI/UX aspects of Comptel’s product suite, providing OSS for the telecommunications industry.
- Acted as Scrum Master in an Agile development environment.
- Worked on the Active Catalog product, for the design and ordering of network offerings. This was an Eclipse application that communicated with a WebLogic layer using SOAP, supported by an Oracle database.
- As part of a small team, I helped to design and implement an inventory system for telecoms companies to track equipment globally. The client was built using Flex and Actionscript. The back end consisted of an EJB and servlet API over an Oracle database.
- I assisted in the design and implementation of components for the upload and activation of network equipment for enabling technologies such as DSL (Broadband), VOIP, IPTV and IPVPN. These generally relied on XSL scripts which used Java extension classes to communicate with network devices.
Edge IPK produced edgeConnect, an IDE to enable the rapid development of enterprise web applications, primarily targeted at the financial sector. I worked on an revamp to LV's online insurance offering at their offices in Bournemouth.
At Edge IPK I used their edgeConnect product, an IDE to enable the rapid development of enterprise web applications, primarily targeted towards the financial sector.
- Formed part of a small team based at Liverpool Victoria’s offices in Bournemouth to design and produce a new home and car insurance website.
Elsevier MDL developed scientific software for the pharmaceutical industry. Initially I worked as a consultant, then later moved into software engineering. As a consultant I performed troubleshooting, and created bespoke solutions for clients across Europe. Later I designed xPharm, an online pharmacological reference library, using Java Servlets and a backend Oracle XML database, and led a small team of developers to implement it.
Elsevier MDL developed scientific software for the pharmaceutical industry. Initially I worked as a consultant, then later moved towards pure software engineering.
- I designed, and led a small team to implement, an online searchable pharmacological literature reference work, xPharm. The product is based on a Java servlet architecture, with an Oracle XDB for storage. Content is stored in XML and transformed on demand to HTML using XSLT.
- Designed and implemented bespoke chemical registration and tracking systems, using a combination of in-house, Windows (VB, VB.NET) and Oracle technology. Worked closely with customers to gather requirements. Customers ranged from major pharmaceutical companies to startup biotechs.
- Troubleshooted customer issues on-site across Europe.
I worked in a team of developers to design and build software for the betting industry. Initially these were Visual Basic clients directly using an Oracle backend, migrating to an Java EJB n-tier architecture.
Working in a team of developers to design and build software, largely focused on the betting industry.
- I assisted in the design and implementation of a complete suite of betting software for Victor Chandler, based offshore in Gibraltar. Initially this consisted of VB clients and an Oracle backend, but later migrated to an EJB architecture.
- Designed and implemented an entire business information system for Ferghana Partners, an investment banking firm based in London, using VB with an Oracle backend.
Teleca provided software consulting, design and development services. I wrote a VB front end for a custom device driver as well as a C++ client for Thames Trains live train information. I worked with a team at IBM Hursley to integrate MQSeries with DB2 to communicate updates to a web server.
Teleca provided software consulting, design and development services.
- Designed and implemented various bespoke solutions for clients, including a live train timetable processor for Thames Trains using C++, and a VB client which communicated with a custom device driver to control a switching system.
- Designed and implemented a prototype with IBM in Hursley which used MQSeries to communicate changes in a DB2 database to a web server.